Friday, November 13, 2009

Migrate or Move you SPD Workflow

The need came up to move one of my workflows to a different server, this workflow was running on a Form Library based created from publishing an InfoPath form. I tried to migrate the whole site using stsadm however when I tried running the workflow it was broken. I tried to to fix the broken steps but it became a pain.

I few Google searches later and I found this:

http://vspug.com/andynoon/2007/09/18/reparenting-a-workflow-to-a-different-list/

It worked like a charm, there was still some clean up to be done, but the clean up proved to be easier than when I migrated the whole site. Actually, the clean up that needed to happen was due to the fact that I missed some columns when I recreated the Form Library in my destination site. If you prepare your destination site to match your original site, this should work without a problem.

No comments: